Methods for the environmental analysis of production cycles
ESSEDI has created the SUSTAINABILITY division for Software and Hardware applications designed to measure and reduce the environmental impact of its products and production processes.
The system allows you to receive information from machinery, control the mixing of raw materials (recipes) or applications of raw materials and semi-finished products on finished products.
Through the traceability system managed by the relational database, all these data are acquired and compared with each other, giving a mapping of the processes and materials used, certifying the SUSTAINABILITY data of the individual product and / or order.
1) The Hardware application of control to encourage more responsible integrated consumption
ESSEDI has created the solution to make sure and certified data of production consumption are available through connectivity to machinery and plants.
ESSEDI offers a complete range of heat, electricity, gas meters, water meters etc. In an era in which the focus on responsible consumption and energy saving is increasingly high and widespread, suitable electronics connected to machinery or systems have become an indispensable tool.
Thanks to our centralized products we give the possibility to individually manage consumption without waste.
2) Controlled management of chemicals and raw materials
It allows you to fully respond to legal obligations relating to:
- Reach legislation in particular for substances subject to restriction and for SVHC (Substances of Very High Concern) substances.
- Biocides legislation.
- Chemical risk assessment for the purposes of workplace safety (hazardous compounds and substances) and fire prevention (presence of flammables)
It allows to adequately manage the obligations and requests relating to:
- Adherence to voluntary protocols / regulations such as ISO 14001, LWG (for leather manufacturers), OEKO TEX (for fabrics and leathers), ZDHC (Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals)
- Customer requests or specifications that ask to ensure compliance with limits and / or prohibitions on the use of particular substances (RLS restricted substances list)
- Mapping the contents of safety data sheets (SDS)
- Having a clear and updated picture of the substances purchased and used in the various stages of product transformation
- Having a traceability system from raw material to finished product
3) Diagnosis and Energy Structure (Directive 2012/27 / EU on Energy Efficiency)
- general area performance index (Ipg) given by the relationship between area consumption and the intended use of the company
- specific area performance index (Ips) given by the ratio between area consumption and the specific intended use
- mapping of the machinery and systems that characterize the specific functional area
- comparison of the technologies used with the objective defined at the beginning of the diagnosis